Pakistan Chapter of the Talloires Network (PCTN) Secretariat
WHAT IS PCTN
Pakistan Chapter of Talloires Network (PCTN) is committed to promoting community service, civic engagement, and service learning in higher education under the strategic focus provided by HEC and The Talloires Network. Based at Islamabad campus of National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), it is a consortium of 70 Pakistani universities working to build a culture of volunteerism at institutions of higher education in Pakistan. It is a collaborative chapter with the US based organization The Talloires Network (TN). PCTN was formed on July 1, 2013 at NUST in the presence of Minister Planning, Minister S&T, ED TN Mr Rob Hollister and Executive Director HEC. At that time 35 Pakistani universities joined it. Since then the membership has been steadily growing. In 2013 Rector NUST was elected Chair PCTN, while VC’s of PCTN member universities formed a steering committee that reviews programs and policies. Engr Muhammad Asghar (Previous NUST Rector and Chair PCTN), was also been elected to the Steering Committee of The Talloires Network (TN) for a 3 year term which started in January 2015.
Pursuing HEC’s strategic thrust of universities building economies, PCTN envisions to capture dynamism of Pakistani Universities’ youth and impact the society positively by incorporating civic engagement and community service into their research and teaching missions.
To strengthen civic roles and social responsibilities of higher education by building a national movement of engaged universities
What PCTN does
- PCTN publishes bi-annual newsletters to share and highlight the community service activities of its member universities across Pakistan
- Maintains a website http://www.nust.edu.pk/pctn/Pages/default.aspx which provides links to community service activities of member universities
- Holds seminars and conferences on various community issues in Pakistan
- Gives out best community service awards to recognize efforts of students and faculty across Pakistan
- Connects members for cross training activities related to community service
- Promotes making community service a part of curriculum
For more details, please visit the website:
AM Pakistan Chapter of the Talloires Network (PCTN) Secretariat
School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering National University of Sciences & Technology Sector H-12, Islamabad, Pakistan.